The following database is a user-contributed list of online STEM resources for classroom curriculum, STEM activities, and student engagement.
* If you have a resource you would like to share on our website, please email Lindsey Swagerty at email@example.com
1) STEM is Elementary: http://www.stemiselementary.com/
This site is designed to help users become familiar with understanding STEM and its integration into the pre-K - 6 standards-based curriculum. Integrated lessons, various resources and upcoming events can be found relating to elementary STEM.
2) Children's Engineering Educators LLC: http://www.childrensengineering.com/freeresources.htm
This resource has STEM design briefs, classroom activities, and supporting materials available for free download.
3) Virginia Children's Engineering: http://www.childrensengineering.org/technology/designbriefs.php
The Virginia Children's Engineering Council provides online instructional units for free download. These units include a design brief, tips for teachers, a guided portfolio, and assessment rubric.
4) NASA eClips: https://nasaeclips.arc.nasa.gov/
NASA eClips, is an online resource that provides short videos about how STEM is used at NASA and in the real-world. These videos typically lead into a project-based design challenge.
5) Howtoons: http://www.howtoons.com/
Howtoons provides STEM content through story telling in the form of an adventure and action packed comic strip. They cover a wide range of topics with great illustrations and serve as a wonderful hook for introducing content and large design challenges.
6) eGFI: http://www.egfi-k12.org/
eGFI evolved from the name of the first 3 editions of the magazine, Engineering, Go For It!. This resource provides fact cards about the different careers in Engineering, newsletters, lesson plans by grade level, activities, community outreach ideas, professional development, and additional resources.