Resources for Students
- U of A Office of Teacher Education
- Financial Aid for Teachers from the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (post graduation)
- Fee Waiver for the Praxis Exam
The University of Arkansas, funded by the National Science Foundation, is pleased to announce scholarships for students:
- ForwARd Arkansas Computer Science Education Scholarship: To incentivize and support students at the University of Arkansas to become licensed to teach Computer Science.
- Noyce Scholarship: For undergraduate students pursuing a chemistry or physics degree and participating in the Secondary STEM Education program at the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville.
- Arkansas Geographical Critical Needs Minority Teacher Scholarship Program (PDF)
STEM Education Student Organization
Our program strives to promote the success of STEM majors interested in education by providing opportunities with this Registered Student Organization to develop friendships with other students through social events, develop a professional network with teachers and other professonials from the community, and participate in professional development opportunities.
A sub-group of UATSO is the University of Arkansas Council of Teachers of Mathematics, an affiliate charter of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM).